All about food

All about food

Monday, June 19, 2017

Abacus Seeds with Minced Meat

Last year I have posted a recipe on this Hakka dish which I've attempted and tasted for the first time in my life (don't laugh, but it's true) with flying colors. Since I am intending to make it again, I've decided to try out another recipe which I came across recently.  The ingredients needed for making the Abacus Seeds are almost similar, except the amount of the ingredients used. This recipe which I am going to share comes out perfectly awesome with a chewy texture!


Ingredients:
600g yam (I use Penang Yam)
300g tapioca flour
150 ml boiling water

Methods:
  1. Peeled yam, sliced, steamed until soft and mashed.
  2. Put the mashed yam in a large bowl.
  3. Add tapioca flour to the yam and mixed using hand.
  4. Mix in boiling water a little at a time until dough is formed.
  5. Knead dough until smooth and divide into 4 portions.
  6. Roll out and cut per portion into 1" pieces.
  7. Roll dough into ball and make a dent in the centre.  Repeat until all the dough is used up.
  8. Place the rolled dough into a container separated by parchment paper in between the layers and keep in the freezer.  


I've cooked a portion for my lunch with the ingredients as in the picture above. The ingredients and methods of cooking this Abacus Seeds are almost similar to other recipes, except in this case, I use red carrot slices for this round of cooking, while for my previous cooking I used black fungus.  You can change the frying ingredients according to your preferences.  To obtain the full recipe, please refer to my blog article dated 15th March 2016 by clicking here

The recipe for the Abacus Seeds is adapted from "The Meatmen".

No comments:

Post a Comment