All about food

All about food

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Nestum Yogurt Pancake with Nutella Filling

I love Pancakes and will never let any opportunity pass by without giving the recipe that I come across a try.  Unlike other pancakes which I've tried before, this pancake batter is thick and you can add any of your favorite filling, such as Kaya, Jam, Peanut Butter, or Nutella.  I am sharing this simple recipe with all pancake lovers.


Ingredients:
(A)
150g. plain flour (sifted)
1/2 cup Nestum (original)
1 1/2 tbsp. caster sugar
3 tsp. baking powder (sifted)

(B)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
175ml. water
6 1/2 tbsp. plain yogurt
1 tsp. cooking oil

Methods:

  1. In a large bowl add all ingredients (A) and mix to combine with a rubber spatula.
  2. In another bowl add in ingredients (B), mix with a whisk until well combined.  
  3. Add ingredients (B) into (A) and stir to mix using a rubber spatula until mixture form a smooth and thick batter.
  4. Heat a non-stick frying pan and once the pan is heated up, I switch the heat to low.
  5. Add 1 tablespoon batter into the pan, spoon a teaspoon of nutella in the centre of the batter and cover with another 1/2 tbsp. of batter.
  6. Cook over low heat until bubbles appear, turn over and cook until obtain a light brown color.
  7. Remove and place the cooked pancake on a baking rack and continue with the rest of the batter until done.
Note:  I decrease the sugar by 1/2 tbsp. (actual amount is 2 tbsp.) as I prefer it less sweet and not to forget that there is additional sweetness in the filling.

I adapted this recipe from 'Dearnestle.com.my' with slight amendment to suit my preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment