All about food

All about food

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Granola Cluster Cookies

Many people loves Granola, but I prefer a homemade one which is not so sweet and healthy.  We can also decide what nuts or seeds to include based on our preference.  Since I am clearing my leftover baking ingredients I end up baking this yummylicious and healthy snack.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup organic rolled oats
2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
2/3 cup hazelnuts, skinless (chopped)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. melted butter
2 egg whites
1/3 cup organic raw cane sugar


Methods:

  • Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius. 
  • Toss pumpkin seeds, rolled oats, walnuts, hazelnuts, coconut flakes, salt and melted butter in a baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until mixture is fragrant, about 10-12 minutes.  Let cool.
  • Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy.  Gradually add sugar, whisking until mixture is thick and opaque.  Add nut mixture and fold to coat evenly.
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  For purpose of making the granola round in shape, I use a plastic round cutter.  Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture into the round cutter place on top of the baking sheet, press the mixture with the handle of a wooden spatula, to let it stay in shape after baking.  Space the granola evenly in the baking sheet.  Repeat until all the mixtures are done.  I bake it in 2 baking sheets.
  • Bake the granola cookies, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until edges are golden, about 15-20 minutes.
  • Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
  • Store the granola cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.  Since I am alone enjoying this delicious granola, and will take me quite a while to finish it, I put the airtight container in the fridge.
Apart from munching this yummy granola as it is, I also enjoys it with cold milk and sprinkled with nestum.


I adapted this recipe from 'Bonappetit.com' with slight amendments.


No comments:

Post a Comment