All about food

All about food

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Pickled Ginger

I love pickled ginger, to be able to make and enjoy it at anytime is my greatest pleasure.  I have this simple recipe to share with all readers of my blog.


Ingredients:
500g. young ginger 
1/3 tbsp. salt
300ml. white vinegar
225g. granulated sugar
150ml. water

Methods:
  1. Peeled and slice the young ginger into thin slices, mix with salt and marinate for 30 minutes.
  2. Bring sugar and water to a boil.  Cook until sugar is completely dissolves, add in rice vinegar.  Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
  3. Drain ginger from any excess water, add to the sugar and vinegar syrup, covered and marinate overnight.  Ready to serve.
  4. Chill in the fridge, and can last for 6 months.


I use a vegetable and fruit slicer to slice the ginger into thin slices.

I adapted this recipe from Kathrine Kwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment