All about food

All about food

Friday, July 3, 2015

Avocado Shake and Smoothie

During this season of the year the scorching heat is intolerable at times, thus I believe that many will yearn for something cool and refreshing.  In my state Sarawak we are indeed blessed with many types of local fruits which makes refreshing juices to quench our thirst.  

For my post today, I am sharing the one fruit which is high in healthy monounsaturated fats and is a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals - AVOCADO!

Thanks to Lena for sharing this rich and creamy drink which is also best suited for dessert. I enjoyed it and would like to include in my blog here to further share with all my readers.

Vietnamese Avocado Shake














Ingredients: (recipe and quantity slightly adjusted)
1/2 medium size avocado (peeled, deseeded and sliced)
1/2 cup milk (add more to thin the shake)
1/2 cup crushed ice-cubes

Methods:
  1. In a blender add avocado slices, milk and crushed ice-cubes.
  2. Cover and blend on high until mixture is smooth.
  3. Check the consistency, if too thick add more milk, cover and blend again.
  4. Stir before pouring into a glass or dessert dish.
  5. Serve.

The second drink comes to my mind when I saw few bottles of Vitagen (apple flavour) in my fridge.  As usual on a hot day my mind is always telling "I need something refreshing and cooling,"  Without any doubt I grab hold of the avocado, vitagen, some crushed ice-cubes and blender.  Blend all the ingredients together using high speed and here is a glass of "Fruity Avocado Smoothie."  Enjoy this thirst quencher - creamy, refreshing and nutritious.  If you prefer it less creamier or thinner, add more vitagen.



No comments:

Post a Comment