All about food

All about food

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Creamy potato, egg, cucumber and celery salad

Today's nice-cooling weather after a heavy downpour this morning, followed by drizzling for an hour or so, puts me in my cozy-comfort zone.  Thus, I've decided to make myself this simple salad to munch, enjoy and satisfy my tummy. I am making use of all the available ingredients in my fridge to come up with this delicious salad.


Few simple ingredients:
1 medium potato (boiled, peeled and cubed)
1 hard boiled egg (chopped)
1/2 cucumber (deseeded and cubed)
1 stick celery (sliced)
1 sprig parsley (chopped)

Dressing:
1 tbsp natural yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp Kewpie Dressing (Roasted Sesame)

How to go about:
  1. In a big bowl put in all the ingredients.
  2. Pour in the dressing.
  3. Mix till all the ingredients are well coated in the dressing.
  4. Serve immediately if you intend to have it in room temperature, but I prefer having mine cold, so I leave it in the fridge for a while. 
Note: The combination of the yogurt and Roasted Sesame dressing stays on creamy, unlike some salad dressing whereby they will turn watery after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment