All about food

All about food

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Potato Cakes

As usual, if I am too lazy to drive out for lunch I will scout through my fridge to find any available ingredients which is easy and fast to prepare to fulfill my hunger.  It doesn't need to be the normal Asian food of  rice, neither has it to be heavy or the usual same dishes.  I prefer to try something out of the ordinary as I am preparing one portion for myself only.  For today's lunch, I am preparing myself Potato Cakes which is adapted from Bear Naked Food.


Ingredients:
2 medium potatoes (peeled, grated and squeezed dry)
1/2 onion (diced)
2 sprigs parsley (cut into 1/2" pieces)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (panko)
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1 tbsp cornflour
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
1 tsp curry powder

Methods:
  1. Put the potatoes in a large bowl, add in all the other ingredients and mix till well combined.
  2. Using a flat pan, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan, and when oil is of medium heat scoop the potato batter using a spoon onto the oil one by one, press down a bit to form a patty.  Shallow fry till it has browned, turn over and continue to fry till both sides are golden brown, dish and drain on kitchen paper.
  3. Ready to serve!
Notes:  This potato cakes can be eaten served with any sauce, but I prefer to have it as it is. The original recipe use spring onions but I don't have any spring onions, so I replace it with parsley, which is my favourite herb.  I include a teaspoon of curry powder to enhance the flavours.  To prevent the potato from turning brown, I prepare the potato last.

No comments:

Post a Comment