All about food

All about food

Monday, August 29, 2016

Light orange-flavoured Fruit Cake

Off late, I have been baking Fruit Cake quite often.  Though I love fruit cake, but I seldom want to buy the ready bakery baked ones as they are usually too sweet.  I have a few keeper recipe in hand, so anytime when I yearn to have it I will just bake one to enjoy. Last week I bake an orange-flavoured fruit cake, which is so light and moist. This is another keeper recipe to share with all fruit cake lovers....


Ingredients:
250g plain flour (sifted)
250g unsalted butter (softened)
250g dry fruit mix
150g castor sugar (actual amount is 170g)
2 tsp baking powder (sifted)
1/2 cup freshly squeeze orange juice
2 tbsp condensed milk
4 eggs

Methods:

  1. Soak dry fruit mix in orange juice overnight.
  2. Beat butter and castor sugar until light and creamy.
  3. Add in one egg at a time and beating well after each addition.
  4. Mix in flour little by little, alternating with milk and stir until well mixed.
  5. Add in fruit mix together with the orange juice and stir to mix.
  6. Spoon mixture into a lined 7.5" square cake tin.
  7. Bake in a preheated oven of 170 degree Celsius for 60 - 70 minutes or when a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.
  8. Let it sit in the cake tin for 10 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool.
  9. Enjoy it warm, at room temperature or cool from the fridge.  After 2 days I place the leftover cake in an airtight container in the fridge.  
This recipe is adapted from treatntrick.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment