All about food

All about food

Monday, July 17, 2017

Thai Sweet Chili Sauce

Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is my family's favorite, and we have been buying the ready made ones from Supermarket shelves.  Through "trial and error" I finally came up with the most preferred taste for my family: a combination of slightly salty, sourish and sweet! In my final attempt I made another batch for my mum and brother's family to taste, and out came the verdict "YES!" So, from now on I will be adapting this recipe.  


Ingredients:
3 red chilies (deseeded and cut into chunks)
3 - 4 bird's eye chili (deseeded) - amount based on your preference
5 garlic cloves (peeled)
1/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Cornflour mixture (for thickening)

Methods:
  1. Add red chilies, bird's eye chili, garlic, vinegar, granulated sugar, salt and 1/4 cup water into the blending beaker and puree using a hand blender. 
  2. Transfer mixture to a pot, add in the remaining water and bring to a boil.
  3. Switch heat to low and simmer while stirring occasionally for about 2 - 3 minutes.
  4. Whisk in cornflour mixture and continue to simmer until the mixture thickens slightly, and is of your preferred consistency. (it must not be too thick or thin).
  5. Dish into a bowl and let it cool completely.
  6. Store in a glass jar and refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment