All about food

All about food

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Steamed Pork Patty With Salted Fish

This is one popular home-cooked dish which has been handed down from one generations to another.  I believe each family have their own version of it with slight difference in ingredients and seasonings used and not to mention the taste.  My family too have our own version, which I will share later, but for this write-up I am sharing an online recipe which I've tried two days ago.  My grandson Brendan loves this dish and he gave his "Thumbs Up!"  Here's to share with all my friends and readers of my blog.


Ingredients:
500g minced pork
1 tbsp salted fish meat (diced)
2 tbsp carrot (chopped)
1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 1/2 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tsp grounded white pepper
Drizzle of sesame oil
2 tbsp water

Methods:
  1. In a large bowl add in all the ingredients, mix well and slap the mixture a few times into the mixing bowl until it becomes sticky. Taste for correct seasoning.
  2. Place the mixture in a steaming plate and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon. Since the mixture is not that salty I drizzle 2 tbsp of light soya sauce over the top of the meat.
  3. Steam for for about 15 minutes on medium-high heat uncovered.
  4. Remove from heat and serve immediately with a plate of freshly cooked warm rice.
  5. If desired you can sprinkle some chopped spring onion over the top before serving.
Notes:
  1. The addition of corn flour and slapping of the meat into the mixing bowl allows the meat to have a more bouncy texture.
  2. I didn't use all the meat mixture for steaming this dish, and for the balance of the meat mixture I use to make stuffed bitter gourd.  For this recipe I will share in my next post.
This recipe is adapted from "Eat What Tonight" with slight adjustments for purpose of my family's preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment