All about food

All about food

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Easy Peanut Cookies

Peanut Cookies is one of the many cookies which I've helped my mum to make in my childhood years during each Lunar New Year.  Reminiscence of this flavorful cookies brings fond memories when I place the first batch for baking with the smell engulfing the whole house.  Let me share with you all this made-easy Peanut Cookies by using peanut butter instead of raw peanuts.


Ingredients:
300g plain flour (sifted)
75g caster sugar
300g smooth peanut butter
7 tbsp cooking oil
1 egg yolk (lightly beaten)
roasted peanuts (halved)

Methods:

  1. In a mixing bowl add plain flour and caster sugar, stir to mix.
  2. Add in peanut butter.  Using a stand mixer mix the mixtures using the hook attachment.
  3. Add cooking oil, one tablespoon at a time and continue to mix until all the ingredients come together into a smooth dough.
  4. Roll into marble size balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
  5. Press half of the roasted peanut into the rolled dough.  Brush with egg yolk.
  6. Bake in a preheated oven of 160 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
  7. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight container.
This recipe is adapted from Lisa's Lemony Kitchen with slight amendment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am so delighted I found your web site, I
    really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Yahoo for
    something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to
    say cheers for a incredible post and a all round entertaining blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at
    the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added
    in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please
    do keep up the fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai, I am so glad that you enjoy my food blog. I never advertise it, just among those friends who are interested to cook and bake. All the food that I posted are successful recipes which I've cooked. Hope you continue to browse through it. Thank you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete