All about food

All about food

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Dinoydoy

Fans of bitter gourd and pumpkin/squash will find this recipe a yummylicious dish to crave for.  Care to join me to cook and enjoy this simple recipe??  Let me share with you the recipe...

Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
1 medium bitter gourd, sliced
1 cup pumpkin/butternut squash, sliced
1/4 cup slices of pork belly 
1/2 tsp chicken stock granules (to taste)
1/2  onion, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup water (to add more if you prefer to have a more soupy dish)
Dashes of fish sauce (I replace with Worcestershire Sauce)
Dashes of ground black pepper
2 tbsp. cooking oil

Methods:

  1. In a medium heated wok, add cooking oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
  2. Add pork belly, stir fry (if you prefer it to be brown and crispy, fry slightly longer), then add in tomatoes and cook for a minute.
  3. Next,  add in pumpkin and bitter gourd, give it a quick stir fry, then add in chicken stock granules, follow by water.  Once the vegetables are cooked, season with fish sauce/Worcestershire Sauce and ground black pepper.  Taste for correct seasoning.  
  4. Off the heat and serve!
Notes:
The original recipe is cooked with heavy broth, but this time round I cooked it rather dry. In my next round of cooking I will try a hand on more broth and season with fish sauce instead of Worcestershire Sauce.  

I adapted this recipe from Raymund with slight amendments to suit my cooking styles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment