All about food

All about food

Monday, January 12, 2015

Danish Butter Cookies

The Denmark Danish Butter Cookies, has been my family's favourite for a long time. Stored in a nicely packed tin, it comes in different shapes and flavors.....

To share my family's secret, though there are five different types which are all equally tasty and delicious, BUT there seem to be one which will finish in no time, the others comes slightly later!!  

Today, I am most happy to share this simple recipe of our favourite Danish Butter Cookies and I trust that many are also sharing the same taste as us.  My special thanks goes to Sifu Kenneth Goh for this recipe which he shared in 'Food Bloggers and Foodies United.'

Ingredients:
1 egg (lightly beaten)
200g, soft butter
320g plain flour (sifted)
130g Icing Sugar (sifted)
2 tbsp vanilla extract (I omit this)

Methods:

  • Place everything in a mixing bowl and in a cake mixture, mix evenly using a paddle atachment on the lowest speed.
  • Pipe the mixture onto baking tray.  I use the SAWA 2000 Cookie Press with the plastic nozzle fix with a star cap.

  • Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius until slightly golden, roughly 7 to 9 minutes (depending on the type of oven that we use).
  • Leave to cool slightly before removing them from the baking tray.
  • Store the cookies in airtight container when they have totally cooled down at room temperature.

Note:  My first bake of this yummylicious cookies was for Christmas.  My grandson Brendan loves it so much.  This recipe sure comes in handy whenever I crave for Danish Butter Cookies ~ smile ~

1 comment:

  1. My favourite cookies too, didn't know that it's so simple to make. Thanks for sharing Rose.

    ReplyDelete