All about food

All about food

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Easy Pandan Kuih Bangkit

Kuih Bangkit has always been my favourite cookies since young.  During my young days we only get to eat this yummy cookies during Chinese New Year.  The recipe which I've previously used to bake this cookies is time consuming as the flour needs to be fried using low heat and cooled before we can start making them.  Besides, the outcome of the cookies are not as delicious as I expected.  I prefer Kuih Bangkit which is soft and 'melt-in-the-mouth' rather than crunchy or hard.

Just before the Lunar New Year I came across a recipe 'Easy Pandan Kuih Bangkit' which is so tempting to my taste buds, but due to time constrain I did not get to bake them for the new year festival.  Today, I've decided to try a hand on this deliciously-tempting recipe and the outcome is simply YUMMY, soft and melt-in-the-mouth!  Thank you Alice for sharing this great recipe at http://iloveicookibake.blogspot.com. This is one recipe which I will continue to bake share and enjoy.

Here's to share.....


Ingredients:
100g butter
80g icing sugar (sifted)
a pinch of salt
1 egg
50ml coconut milk
1 tbsp freshly squeezed pandan juice (or 3/4 tsp pandan paste)
2 cups cornflour 
1 cup tapioca flour 

Methods:

  1. Sift both flours and put in a bowl for later use.
  2. Mix the coconut milk together with the egg and pandan juice, leave aside.
  3. Cream butter, icing sugar and salt till light and creamy.
  4. Add in the egg mixture slowly and beat till well mixed.
  5. Fold in the flour and mix till well combined.
  6. Shape the dough using your preferred design and place them in a lined baking tray.
  7. Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for about 20 to 25 minutes.

Note:  If pandan paste is used you will be getting a more greener cookies as compared to the extracted pandan juice.  I am satisfied with this lighter green colour of my favourite Kuih Bangkit.  It's "Simple Yet Yummylicious!"

No comments:

Post a Comment