All about food

All about food

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Quick and Easy Apple Puff Pastries

Each time when I think of wanting to try out recipes of Puff Pastries, I will only opt for the store bought ones as I have no interest in making them. I came across this simple, quick and easy recipe online, and having a packet of store bought puff pastries sitting in my freezer, my taste buds is yelling inside me, thus I decided to try it out.  



Ingredients: (makes 2)
2 pcs of 4 inch square puff pastry (store bought)
1 crunchy red apple
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp castor sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
Icing sugar (for dusting)

Methods:

  1. Thaw the pastry.
  2. Peel and cut apples into half, remove the core and slice into 4mm thick slices.
  3. Arrange the pastries on a parchment lined baking tray.
  4. Prick the pastry with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
  5. Mix the ground cinnamon and castor sugar in a bowl.  Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the pastry.
  6. Arrange apple slices on top.
  7. Bake in preheated oven of 200 degree Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes.
  8. Let cool and dust with icing sugar.
  9. Serve warm to enjoy the crunch of the puff pastries.
This recipe is adapted from 'No frills recipes' with very slight amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment