All about food

All about food

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Homemade Pork Belly Char Siu/Chinese BBQ Pork

This is not my first homemade Char Siu recipe.  I always enjoyed trying out from other sources.  This is another successful Char Siu recipe using pork belly which I happily adapted.  I will continue to make this yummylicious Pork Belly Char Siu in my home kitchen to enjoy.


Ingredients:
1 slab pork belly (clean, remove skin, cut into 3 strips and pat dry with paper towel)

Marinade:
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sweet dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp plum sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp hua tiaw cooking wine
1/2 tsp grounded white pepper

Methods:
  1. In a bowl mix all the marinade ingredients and marinate the pork belly overnight.
  2. Arrange the marinated pork belly with the marinade in the convention oven.  
  3. Set the temperature to 190 degree Celsius and bake for about 1 hour, turning over after 30 minutes.  I use a skewer to test to make sure that the meat is soft and properly cooked.  To get the slight charred of the meat I let it baked for another 2 to 3 minutes.  
  4. Off the heat, dish the meat onto a plate and let it rest for a while before slicing it.
  5. Serve with your favorite vegetables on the side.
This recipe is adapted from "My Kitchen Snippets".  I adjusted the amount of recipes used as I am cooking a lesser portion as compared to the original recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment