All about food

All about food

Monday, March 9, 2020

Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream

An Ice Cream lover like me who don't own an Ice Cream Maker can also comes up with healthier and less-sweet ice cream to enjoy in the comfort of our sweet home.  Lately, I have been thinking of what to make out of my left over Matcha Powder.  This recipe comes just in time for me to try out and it's simply 'Simple Yet Yummylicious.'  I love Matcha Green Tea, so I decided to dust generously with it to slowly enjoy....


Ingredients:
6 to 8 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. matcha powder
300ml. whipping cream (cold)
150g. condensed milk

Methods:

  1. Chill the whisk and mixing bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes.
  2. Heat the milk in a saucepan, sieve matcha powder, stir well to mix and set aside to cool.
  3. Pour the whipping cream into the cold mixing bowl.
  4. Use low speed to beat for 1 minute, then increase to medium high and beat until soft peaks form.
  5. Fold the whipping cream mixture and condensed milk into the matcha mixture and stir until well combined.
  6. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
  7. Time to enjoy my favorite ice cream...

I adapted this recipe from JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk with slight amendment on the amount of condensed milk to suit my less-sweet taste bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment