All about food

All about food

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Lemon Mushroom Chicken

Today, I've decided to cook something Western, instead of our usual Chinese meal dishes.  Since I have chicken breast, I decided to try a hand on this chicken recipe from Taste of Home.  The chicken breast is so tender and juicy.  Let me share with all who are interested to cook a Western meal for either lunch or dinner.

Ingredients: (Serves 2)
3 boneless skinless chicken breast
3 tbsp. plus 2 teaspoon plain flour (divided)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
2 tbsp. butter
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. water (divided)
2 tsp. chicken stock granules (to taste)
6 pcs. button mushrooms (canned) - sliced
1/2 tbsp lemon juice

Methods:

  1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness.  In a large shallow dish, combine 3 tbsp. plain flour, salt and pepper.  Add chicken 1 piece at a time; turn to coat and set aside.
  2. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.  Remove and set aside.
  3. Add 1/3 cup water to the same pan and chicken stock granules, stirring to loosen browned bits.  Taste for correct seasoning.  Bring to a boil.  Add mushrooms; cook and stir for about 1-2 minutes.
  4. Combine the 2 tsp. flour and 2 tbsp. water until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened; stir in lemon juice and serve with chicken.  Dinner is served!

Note:
  1. I serve this yummy chicken with sides of blanch broccoli and tornado potatoes.
  2. I prepare 3 pcs. of chicken breast; 2 pcs. for my hubby, whereas I prefer a smaller portion of 1 pc. chicken breast.
  3. The actual recipe calls for reduced-sodium chicken broth, but I replace it with water and chicken stock granules.
This recipe is adapted from Carrie Palmquist, Canova, South Dakota with some amendments to suit my cooking preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment