All about food

All about food

Friday, July 3, 2020

Poached Chicken

It was yesterday, 2nd July, my mind was blank on what to cook for dinner.  Normally, I will have plans for next day's meal, but... so happen, I did not.  Happy-go-lucky-me!  Somehow, by mid morning a recipe came by as I was checking on my Facebook, 'Poached Chicken.'  I told  myself 'WOW, this recipe is great!'  Running through the recipe, I know I have all the ingredients needed in my fridge, but just need to check on an important ingredient, 'spring onion', whether it is still fresh to use.  Rushed to the fridge, checked it out and 'YES' it's perfect!  Ta...da...


Ingredients:
2 pcs. chicken whole leg (thigh and drum)

Simmering ingredients:
2 stalks spring onion
3 slices ginger 
1 tbsp. Shaoxing Wine
1 tsp. salt

Seasonings: (combine and mix well)
3 tbsp. spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp. ginger (peeled and minced)
1 tbsp. garlic (peeled and minced)
1 red chili (deseed and chopped)
3 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/3 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sesame oil

Methods:

  1. To poach chicken:  place the chicken in a pot with enough room temperature water to cover it.  Put in all the simmering ingredients.  Bring to a big boil, then lower the heat to medium and continue boiling for 5 minutes.  Off the heat, cover and let it simmer in the residue heat for 30 minutes.  Dish up and set aside to cool. To check on doneness, use a skewer.
  2. Once cooled, chop the chicken into desired pieces and place them on a serving plate.
  3. Drizzle the seasoning sauce over the chicken pieces and serve!
This recipe is adapted from 'MH Kitchen Memories' with slight amendment to suit my taste buds.


No comments:

Post a Comment