All about food

All about food

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Spicy stir-fried Udon

The urge of having something spicy for my lunch just strike me.  I put on my 'thinking cap', open the fridge door and take a look at the  different compartments, opening and closing them... finally, I decided to use the leftover chilli paste from my Char Kway Teow couple of days ago.  Since I have a packet of Udon, well that settles my lunch then....


Ingredients:
1 pkt. Udon noodles
3 sprigs leafy green (washed, cut and separate the white from the green leaves)
1/2 onion (peeled and cut into thicker slices
Some pork belly (thinly sliced)
1 tbsp. cooking oil
Dash chicken stock granules (to taste)
1 1/2 tbsp. chilli paste (to get the recipe click here)

Methods:

  1. Boil water in a medium pot.  Once water is boiling put in the udon noodles.  Use a tong to slowly loosen the noodles, drain and set aside.
  2. In a heated wok, add in cooking oil, saute onions for a quick few seconds then add in pork belly and stir-fry for another few seconds. It doesn't take long to cook the pork belly as it is thinly sliced.  Add in the stem of the leafy green and the udon noodles.  Stir to mix, then add the green leaves and and the chilli paste.  Stir until all is combined.  Taste for correct seasoning, add dash of chicken stock granules.  Stir again to mix.
  3. Dish onto a plate and lunch is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment