All about food

All about food

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Portuguese Egg Tart

As I am not fancy into pastry making, I never bake any egg tart, though frankly speaking I love egg tarts.  It is through a Facebook posting that I came across this rather simple tart recipe, which calls for Puff Pastry from the supermarket shelf.  So, I gave this recipe a try out, and I should say the outcome is great, thumbs up!  Though, I couldn't get the 'signature burn' as in the actual Portuguese Egg Tart, but to me, that is secondary.  For now, I can at any time bake egg tart to satisfy my cravings ~ smile ~


Ingredients:
(A)  Custard Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup milk
60 g. caster sugar
1/2 tbsp. cornflour (sifted)

Methods:

  1. Flour the work area, and roll the pastry (not too thin).
  2. Cut pastry slightly bigger than the muffin tin mold.
  3. Put pastry into the mold, press to the sides into even thickness and cut off extra with a knife.
  4. Mix all the custard ingredients in a bowl with a hand whisk until well combined.  Sieve the custard through a fine mesh.
  5. Pour the custard into the mold.
  6. Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 40 minutes.
  7. Let it slightly cool down on a wire rack.  Remove the tarts from the mold and place on a plate.
  8. Let's have tarts for afternoon tea.

I adapted this recipe from Faridah Ainuddin with a slight amendment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment