All about food

All about food

Monday, June 29, 2020

Golden Rolled Oats Pancakes

As usual, once a while I will make some pancakes, give some to my mum and keep the balance either for breakfast or as snacks anytime of the day.  To warm up, it is as easy as put them into the toaster oven for just a minute or two and it comes out warm and yummy...  Since I have all the ingredients in my pantry, might as well try it out.  I love the slight chewy texture and the bite of the rolled oats.  It is a great pancake recipe to add to my list.

Ingredients:
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/3 cups milk
3/4 cup plain flour (sifted)
4 tsp. baking powder (sifted)
4 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
3 tbsp. corn oil

Methods:

  1. In a medium bowl, mix oat and milk, let stand for 5 minutes.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt.
  3. Stir eggs and oil into oat mixture.  Add to flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
  4. Lightly grease a non-stick pan and heat over medium heat.  Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls (or amount of your choice) onto the pan.  Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown.  Turn, cook until second side is golden brown.  Remove onto a wire rack and continue to cook until all the batter are used up.


Notes: 
  1.  I prefers to cook my pancakes in two shades, lighter brown and darker brown.  The simple reason being, some would prefer a much darker color and there are 2 choices for everyone to choose from ~ smile ~
  2. This pancakes are not sweet, we can drizzle with maple syrup/honey/butter or have toppings of ice-cream or whipping cream.  However, I still prefers to have it without any topping.  
I adapted this recipe from 'Taste Of Home' by Raymonde Bourgeois of Swastika, Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment