All about food

All about food

Friday, April 14, 2023

Cream Of Onion And Celery Soup

Since I am so often baking my own bread and/or bread rolls or popularly known as buns in the place where I am from. I love to make creamy soup and store the leftover in individual airtight containers and place them in the freezer.  It always comes in handy for me, especially when I am too lazy to think of what to have for breakfast or even lunch.  I will just warm them up and enjoys these yummylicious soup with my homemade breads/rolls/buns.


 Ingredients:

2 sticks celery

2 onions, medium white

300 ml. water

Chicken stock granules (to taste, for seasoning)

1/2 tbsp. corn oil

1/2 tbsp. butter (unsalted)

1 tbsp. plain flour (sifted)

1/4 tsp. ground white pepper

110 ml. cooking cream


Methods:

  1. Peel and slice the onions and celery finely.
  2. Heat the oil and butter over a medium heat, then add the celery and onions.  Stir well and place the lid on.  Reduce the heat to medium/low.  Cook until soft, stirring often and cover.
  3. Add flour, stir and cook for another minute.
  4. Pour in water, add dash of chicken stock granules, stir and bring to a simmer.  Cook uncovered until the onions and celery are very soft.
  5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
  6. Use a stick blender or stand blender to blend until smooth.
  7. Add the cream and pepper into the soup, and warm through using low heat.
  8. Taste for correct seasonings, add extra chicken stock granules and pepper if needed.
  9. Ladle the soup into individual soup bowls and serve with your favorite bread/rolls/buns.  I serve mine with Checkered Cocoa Milk Loaf.
This Soup recipe is adapted from 'chezlerevefrancais.com' by Amanda with a slight adjustment to suit my cooking preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment