All about food

All about food

Monday, May 8, 2023

Potato and Chicken Curry Buns

I've tried making Curry Chicken Buns before, but this time around, I am trying out another recipe for the filling 'potato and chicken curry.'  However I am using the same recipe for the buns, click here for the recipe.  I skip the recipe of using pandan leaves, instead I just wrap and roll the buns into smooth round balls.


Ingredients: (makes 10 buns filling)

300 g. potato and chicken breast (I cut 1 potato, then add the chicken breast to make a total of 300 g.)

  • 1 potato (peeled and cut into small cubes)             
  • chicken breast (remove skin, cut into small cubes) 

1 small onion (peeled and cut into small cubes)

2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)

1 tbsp. tomato ketchup

1 tbsp. curry powder (I use watch brand)

1 tsp. light soy sauce

1 tsp. chicken stock granules

Salt & ground white pepper (to taste)

1/2 tbsp. plain flour

1/3 cup water

2 tbsp. cooking oil


Methods:

  1. In a heated wok, add 2 tbsp. cooking oil; saute the onions and garlic using medium-low heat.
  2. Add in potato and chicken and stir to combine.  Next add in chicken stock granules and pepper, cook for another minute.  Sprinkle in flour, stir and cook until flour dissolves into the chicken and potato.
  3. Add in water, light soy sauce, curry powder, ketchup and cook until the potatoes are soft and liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.  Give it a taste and add more seasoning, if necessary.
  4. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool completely.  I prepare the filling a day before, when cool store in container and place in the fridge.
  5. I divide the filling into 10 portions.


Baking in process....

The filling recipe is adapted from 'Bear Naked Food' with some adjustments to suit my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment