All about food

All about food

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Homemade Hot Chocolate

Seeping a glass of homemade Hot Chocolate with home baked cookies always makes me so happy, especially during this Season of the year. This year, I try out another Hot Chocolate recipe, and as usual, I can tailor the sweetness to my own liking.


Ingredients: (1 glass serving)

1 cup milk

1 tbsp. granulated sugar (I add half, taste along the way, and add again)

1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

2 tbsp. chocolate chips/button/chopped cooking chocolate bars

1-2 drops vanilla extract


Toppings:

Mini marshmallows

Grated chocolate


Methods:

  1. Place milk, cocoa powder and sugar in a small saucepan.
  2. Heat over medium-low heat, whisking frequently until warm (but not boiling).
  3. Add chocolate and whisk constantly until the chocolate melt, and distribute evenly into the milk.
  4. Whisk in vanilla extract.
  5. Remove from heat and pour into a serving glass.
  6. Add toppings and serve immediately.
Tips: 
  • Want it extra rich? Add some half and half, I add some whipping cream.
  • Want it less sweet? Use bittersweet/dark chocolate.
  • Want flavored hot chocolate?  Add cinnamon, peppermint extract, a shot of espresso, or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
I adapted this yummylicious recipe from 'Celebrating Sweets' by Allison with a slight adjustment to suit my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment