All about food

All about food

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Coffee Buns

This Coffee Buns or popularly known as Mexican Buns or Rotiboy in Malaysia, is one of my favorite.  I have attempted quite a number of times using different recipe source, including the Matcha one as well ~ smile ~

This recipe is the latest one that I try out... love the coffee aroma during the baking process, and not to mention the fabulous coffee taste of this buns.  If you are interested to try out this recipe, click this link here to get the full recipe.

For information of my readers, for the Buns recipe, I have to add more flour to the actual amount as specified in the recipe, as the dough is too wet and soft.  I added bit by bit of additional flour until the dough comes together.  For the Coffee Crust Topping, when I mix in all the ingredients together, it is also too soft, thus instead of following the steps in the recipe, I just transfer the coffee crust ingredients into a piping bag and pipe onto the top of the buns just before baking.

Let me share some photos of the process of baking this delicious Coffee Buns...

Ready for first proofing

After first proofing

It's time for second proofing

After second proofing

Done with topping

Baking in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment