All about food

All about food

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Arrowroot Chips

It has been a while since I last posted, with the Lunar New Year celebration away from hometown, and not much of home cooking and not to mention when laziness strikes after a holiday break!

As mentioned in my last post, I bought some arrowroot to keep in my fridge while I am away, and as soon as I get back my craving for it kick in on me, so I prepare this first batch which finished in no time, with stocks available at Everrise Supermarket, I bought another kilo and make another batch....

I believe many home cooks are expert in making this chips, but for purpose of sharing, this is how I make my arrowroot chips with these few simple steps...
  • Peel the arrowroots, leaving the stem for easy grating, wash, wipe dry with kitchen paper and put aside for later use.



  • In a clean wok  heat enough oil for deep-frying. When oil is hot enough (I use medium heat) grate the arrowroot into the oil, do not over crowd the wok. I let the arrowroot slices fried for a while before I turn it, so it won't curl.  


  • When the chips are light golden, dish onto a colander, sprinkle some salt, give it a shake, and when cool store in an air tight container.

There they are... yummy arrowroot chips which disappear in no time.  I really love munching it till the last piece "Yum-Yum!"

No comments:

Post a Comment