All about food

All about food

Monday, May 14, 2018

Homemade Waffles

After getting myself a KENWOOD Multisnaker Maker which comes with 3 functions (1) Sandwich Maker (2) Waffles and (3) Grill/Griddle last year, I have been trying out a couple of Waffles recipes, but until today I have not post any to my Food Blog yet, reason being too occupied off late.  

Here is my first Waffles recipe which I make recently, and would like to share with my readers out there.  

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup plain flour (sifted)
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder (sifted)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
Pinches of salt

Methods:

  1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.  Make a small well in the middle and set aside.
  2. In a smaller mixing bowl combine eggs, milk and butter.  Whisk together and pour into the flour mixture.  Gently stir to combine.
  3. Heat the waffle iron, brush with cooking oil and add a ladle scoopful of batter onto the middle, close and cook according to instructions. For the first batch I will open after few minutes of cooking to observe the waffle, then close back and let it cook until golden brown.  I use the first batch to determine the time for the rest of the cooking.
  4. Remove from iron with a fork and continue with the rest.
Notes:  
  1. I use lesser milk than the actual recipe as I prefer to have a crunchy waffle.  If you prefer a crunchy waffle, then enjoyed it hot.  
  2. The leftover waffle can be stored in an airtight container and store in the fridge.  To consume I toast them in an oven toaster for a few quick minutes.
  3. For this waffle recipe I also add an extra tablespoon of granulated sugar as I intend to eat without any topping.
This recipe is adapted from "The Kitchen Wife" with amendments.

No comments:

Post a Comment