All about food

All about food

Monday, May 14, 2018

Pork Stuffed Tofu In Soy Sauce

I saw this video recipe through a friend's sharing in Facebook recently. This dish attracted me instantly, and by viewing through the video I've decided to list it in my "to cook dishes."  Without having it to queue in my  "to cook dishes" list, I managed to grab hold of all the needed ingredients when I do marketing the next day, and there it is.... A Simple Yet Yummylicious dish to serve for our dinner!


Ingredients:
3 pcs. firm tofu
70g minced pork
1 sprig spring onions (chopped, use the green leaves only)
1 tsp chicken stock granules
Dashes of grounded white pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt

Sauce:
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp grounded white pepper

Methods:

  1. Pat dry tofu with a kitchen paper, cut into half, scrap out the middle part of the tofu, be careful not to break the sides, put in a bowl and mashed.
  2. In a bowl add minced pork and all the other ingredients including the mashed tofu.  I did not use all the mashed tofu as it is too much.  Mix all the ingredients together.
  3. Use a small spoon to scoop the mixture into the middle of the tofu pieces and press gently.  Repeat until all is done.
  4. Deep-fry the tofu pieces until golden, and drain.
  5. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
  6. In a clean pan add the sauce ingredients and stir using medium-low heat.
  7. Put the tofu back into the pan.  Toss and turn the tofu to coat evenly with the sauce.
  8. Turn off heat and dish the tofu onto a serving dish, drizzle the leftover sauce over the tofu.
  9. Dinner is served with a plate of freshly cooked rice.
Note:  The original recipe calls for sprinkle of some chopped spring onion and chili over the cooked tofu but I did not use that as my grandson is not a fan of spring onions and chilies.

This yummylicious recipe is adapted from "Feedy Philippines" with slight amendments to suit my home cooking and my family's taste buds.


No comments:

Post a Comment