All about food

All about food

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Light Fruit Loaf Cake

As Fruit Cake is my grandson's favourite, I bake one for me to bring along during my recent visit to another town for him to enjoy. After coming back from my trip, I decided to make myself this light fruit cake as there are some leftover green and red cherries from my previous baked.

I came across this simple recipe "Tutti Fruity Loaf Cake" from Evergreen Recipes Blog, and I change the name to Light Fruit Cake as I am not using the Tutti Fruity cherries and it only needs 2 tablespoons of cherries in the baking.  It suits me well as I prefer light fruit and the cake is moist and light.  I adapted this recipe with some amendments.



Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 tbsp green and red cherries (chopped)

Methods:

  1. Sieve flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.  Mix well.
  2. Combine egg, butter and sugar in a stand mixer bowl, beat using low speed until sugar dissolves and mixture is frothy.
  3. Add milk and mix well with a spatula.
  4. Add the flour mixture in two folds into the egg-sugar mixture and mix it well.
  5. Add cherries and mix again.
  6. Grease a loaf tin with butter and dust some flour.
  7. Pour the cake mixture into the loaf tin and bake in preheated oven of 170 degree Celsius for about 35 to 40 minutes or a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.
  8. Cool at room temperature.
  9. Slice and tea is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment