All about food

All about food

Friday, May 20, 2016

Pumpkin Rice Vermicelli

As usual, it's another prep for my lunch, a meal which I only need to prepare for myself. Recently, I came across this simple one-plate meal with my favorite 'golden pumpkin', what more could I ask for?? With some leftover pumpkin in the fridge I decided to cook myself this yummylicious "Pumpkin Rice Vermicelli."  As you can see that I slice the pumpkin instead of cutting them into strips, because I love the crunch and taste of the pumpkin.



Ingredients: (1 serving)
Dried rice vermicelli (soak in water until soften and drain)
Pumpkin (sliced)
1/2 tbsp dried shrimps (wash, soak, drain and chopped)
2 dried shiitake mushrooms (wash, soak, discard stems and slice thinly)
2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
1/2 cup parsley leaves (coarsely chopped)
2 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tbsp sesame oil

Seasonings:
Water (adjust accordingly)
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
Dash of fish sauce
Dash of grounded white pepper

Methods:

  1. In a heated wok add 1 1/2 tbsp. cooking oil, fry the mushrooms and dried prawns until fragrant.
  2. Add chopped garlic and fry until aromatic.
  3. Toss in pumpkin slices, stir-fry and splash some water in between cooking to ensure that the pumpkin are cooked but do not overcooked the pumpkin. Add in chopped parsley, give it a toss, then dish out and set aside.
  4. In the same wok heat up the remaining 1 tbsp of cooking oil, add in rice vermicelli, light soya sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and stir-fry to combine. 
  5. Add in pumpkin, toss to combine (drizzle a bit of water if the dish is too dry and/or the rice vermicelli is not soft enough), sprinkle dash of grounded white pepper, give it a quick mix, dish on a serving plate and Lunch is serve!
Recipe adapted from Minty's Kitchen with amendments

1 comment: