All about food

All about food

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Purple Sweet Potato Mantou

Mantou is my family's favorite, thus as and when I feel like munching them I will make a portion of it.  Recently, due to the humid weather I tend to stock up sweet potatoes of purple, yellow and orange colors as well as yam for making desserts.  This time round the purple sweet potato are so starchy and I just couldn't help making Mantou out of it.  As mentioned in my 3rd September 2015 blog write-up, I am sharing this "Purple Sweet Potato Mantou" with all my readers out there who love Mantou as much as me... hehe!


Yesterday afternoon I make another batch with the leftover purple sweet potato for my grandson Brendan's breakfast and his morning break in School.


As the sweet potato are very starchy,  I add a bit more water and olive oil, and the outcome is softer texture and shiny on the outside.  I also decided to come up with the spiral shape which my grandson called it "snails".

For the full recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment