All about food

All about food

Friday, July 25, 2014

Come up with just anything.....

Personally for me, there are times when I don't feel like going marketing, especially during mid-week! What will I cook then??

What I normally do is, take a look at what ingredients is left in the fridge, activate my thinking cap, from there I keep myself busy and this is what I come up with.  I recall my son Aaron enjoying this meal with a 'smile!'  

(1) Chicken Cordon Bleu 

Ingredients:
2 pieces skinless chicken breast meat
2 slices ham
2 slices cheese
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs

Seasoning:
Salt
Pepper

Methods:
  1. Wash the chicken breast meat and pat dry with kitchen towel.
  2. Use a sharp knife to cut into the center of the meat to create a pocket.  
  3. Rub with salt and pepper, set aside for at least 15 minutes.
  4. Stuff ham into the pocket, followed by cheese slice, then use toothpicks to secure the opening.
  5. Heat up enough oil in a pot for deep frying.
  6. Dust chicken with flour, dredge with beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
  7. Put the chicken into the oil of medium-low heat for frying.
  8. To obtain a nice crunch, just as the meat is cooked, dish up, turn up the heat, put the chicken back into the oil for a minute fry and remove from heat. Drain on kitchen paper.
Note: Frying this chicken needs proper control of the oil as the coated bread crumbs on the outside can be easily burnt!

(2) Hard boiled eggs topped with ham and mayonnaise
This recipe has the same technique as 'Stuffed Eggs' in my previous article "My creation of Finger Food", except that I use chopped, lightly pan-fried ham and mayonnaise for the topping.

(3) Potato Wedges
Just with one potato left in my fridge, I decided to make  simple deep-fried potato wedges. It's just few simple steps : peel the potato, cut into wedges, deep-fried in hot oil, drain, sprinkle some salt over and ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment