All about food

All about food

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A big HELLO.....

HELLO, Welcome to this blog which is created for purpose of sharing my simple home-cooked dishes. After quitting my job nearly eight years ago, I've been spending lots of my time in my small kitchen, trying out dishes passed down from my elderly; recipes shared among friends; some which I obtained through online and recipe books, magazines, newspapers; as well as from TV programs. 

Like many others, I have experienced many 'trial and errors' which leads me to come up with  quite a number of delicious-yummy dishes which I can proudly share with those who are interested.  

I am so blessed to have my hubby, Lawrence and son, Aaron who are there to be my taster as well as giving me open constructive criticism and suggestions in all the food which I've prepared and present on the table. Each and every person's taste-buds differs, so in the family we knows best what their likes and dislikes in terms of food, ingredients, spices, seasonings, etc.

Unlike many other cooks/chefs who have their recipes with the exact amount of seasonings being measured, such as teaspoon, tablespoon, cups, ml, I would like to inform here that I won't be able to give exact measurements of these items, and to be frank I don't cook based on exact measurements but mostly with my senses.  Whatever it is, I'll try to be as precise as possible.

"Recipes don't work unless you use your heart"  ~ Dylan Jones ~


No comments:

Post a Comment