All about food

All about food

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Baked Chicken Wings


As usual, I don't use actual measurements when comes to marinating, same goes to cooking other dishes except baking cakes and biscuits. Senses plays an important role in cooking, thus the more we practice the better our skills will be and we will enjoy the fun of it to the fullest! However, I will try to put my imagination into deep thoughts as I figure out the amount of marinating ingredients to use for this dish and hope it will be as accurate as the dish which I've put before you, or else try to improve on the seasoning after your first attempt, as this is what cooking is all about.  So let me begin....

How to go about:

  1. Prepare 6 chicken wings: clean, drain and put in a bowl.
  2. Mix together: 1 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 3/4 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp grounded pepper and drizzle a bit of dark soya sauce.
  3. Pour the mixture (2) over the chicken wings, mix and rub well.
  4. Cover and marinate for at least few hours to let the marinate seeps through thoroughly. I will repeat the 'mix and rub' of (3) during marinating.  I prefer to leave it overnight.
  5. Arrange the marinated chicken wings in an Aspen Convention Oven and bake at 180 degree Celsius until golden brown, then turn over the wings, brush with the leftover marinating juice and bake till cook.  Serve!
Note: This baked chicken wings should have the taste of sweetness from the sugar and off course the correct seasoning from the oyster sauce and salt.  We can always adjust by putting more or reduce during marinating to suit our individual taste buds.  

1 comment:

  1. I want to try this dish, looks delicious....

    ReplyDelete