All about food

All about food

Monday, July 4, 2016

Baked Spicy Sriracha Chicken

I always enjoys spending some alone time in a Supermarket, slowly viewing through the ingredients that I need, while planning for the meals that I am going to cook. Once a while I will unexpectedly come across some kitchen utensils that I need, or a seasoning or spices which at that instant moment trigger me to cook a new dish. Recently, I came across this Sriracha Chili Sauce and without much thought I decided to grab a bottle and come up with this Baked Spicy Sriracha Chicken.  It is spicy alright and is an appetizing baked dish to serve with freshly cooked rice.


Ingredients:
2 whole chicken thighs and drumsticks (cleaned and pat dry)

Marinade:
2 1/2 tbsp Sriracha Chili Sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
3 cloves garlic (minced)

Methods:

  1. In a bowl add Sriracha Chili Sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and minced garlic.  Stir to mix until well combined.
  2. Rub the marinade onto the chicken and let it sit for at least 3 hours.
  3. Arrange the chicken on a wire rack, skin side down and brush with extra marinade.
  4. Bake in a Convention Oven of 200 degree Celsius for 20 minutes, turn over the chicken, brush with remaining marinade ingredients and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until cooked and have achieved a nice golden colour.
  5. Let's serve DINNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment