All about food

All about food

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Peppery Pan-Fried Pork Slices

It has been quite a while since I last cooked this favourite pork dish of my children's childhood days.  Recently, my youngest son called me up asking for the marinating ingredients for this dish.  As usual it's a dish which I don't go for exact measurements but by my instincts. As I have some leftover pork tenderloin, I've decided to cook this dish for dinner, and cooking this childhood favourite dish of theirs brings me back down memory lane....


Ingredients:
1 medium bowl pork tenderloin (sliced)
5 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
3 tbsp cooking oil
Some water (for cooking)

Marinade: 
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/2 tbsp dark soya sauce 
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Drizzle of sesame oil
2 tsp grounded white pepper
2 tbsp water

Methods:

  1. Mix the pork slices with the marinade until well coated and leave aside for at least one hour.
  2. In a medium heated wok add cooking oil, saute the smashed garlic until fragrant and turn lightly brown, add in the marinated pork and stir-fry to mix.
  3. Continue tossing to ensure that the meat are cooked through.  If the dish is too dry, add some water and stir to mix.
  4. Taste for correct seasoning, add a bit more sugar or salt if needed as this dish is slightly sweet and saltish.  You can also add slightly more dark soya sauce, as the amount depends on the type of soya sauce that you use, as some are lighter than the others.
  5. Once the sauce has thicken and the meat are fully cooked, off the heat and dish onto a plate. Serve!
Notes:  
  1. If you prefer the dish to have more sauce add more water during the cooking process. At certain time I will also cook with more sauce.
  2. Though this meat dish goes well with rice for our main meal, but once a while we eat it with small buns, like a burger for snacks.
  3. The amount for the marinade ingredients, like I said are rough estimates based on my instincts. To obtain a taste of your liking, taste for correct seasoning during the process of cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment