All about food

All about food

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Orange Loaf Cake

I love cakes with citrus flavours, such as orange and lemon.  The thought of it seems to arouse my taste-buds.  I came across some beautiful oranges while I was out shopping, so decided to get some and reserve two to try out this recipe.  Though the recipe mentioned loaf tin to bake this loaf cake, but I use a 6" x 6" cake tin instead.

Ingredients:
2 large oranges
300g flour (sifted)
130g caster sugar
80g unsalted butter (room temperature)
Orange zest (from one orange)
2 medium eggs
3 tsp baking powder (sifted)

Methods:

  1. Whisk eggs and sugar using a stand mixer until smooth and pale.
  2. Add orange zest, orange juice and butter, continue to mix using low speed.
  3. Add in sifted flour and baking powder which have been mixed before hand, in three folds and stir to mix using a spatula, then I mix again using an electric mixer for a quick minute until the batter is smooth.
  4. Pour the batter into a lined cake tin or loaf tin.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for about 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.
  6. Cool on a wire rack, cut and serve!

Notes:  The orange flavor and scent of this orange cake is awesome and adding on to its light and moist texture, it's sumptuous!  In addition to that, I made some no-churn avocado ice cream yesterday and I am having these two for my afternoon tea, something cooling on a hot day....

Recipes adapted from Happy Foods with slight amendments.

No comments:

Post a Comment