All about food

All about food

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Walnut Brownies

I love Brownies, but due to its sweetness I will only bake it if my children or grandchildren are around.  However, this Walnut Brownies recipe is great for me, and I love it's cakey texture, less sweet and slight bitterness from the dark chocolate and black cocoa powder.  This will be my 'bookmarked recipe' whenever I crave for Brownies.


Ingredients and Methods:

(A)  Melt and mix

  • 200 g. dark chocolate
  • 125 g. unsalted butter
(B)  Whisk, and mix with ingredients (A)
  • 70 g. brown sugar (add more if you prefer sweeter)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. coffee extract (I replace with 1 1/2 tsp. instant coffee mix with 1/2 tbsp. hot water)
(C)  Fold in with AB mixtures and mix well
  • 80 g. plain flour (sifted)
  • 25 g. black cocoa powder (sifted)
(D)  Pour batter into a lined 8" x 10" pan.  Smooth the top with a spatula.              
(E)  Arrange whole walnuts on top of the brownies batter.

(F)  Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 35 minutes.

(G)  Remove from oven and place the pan on a wire rack to let it cool slightly.

(H)  Turn the brownies over a wire rack and remove the parchment paper.

(I)  Slice and enjoy....

Notes:  
I bake another batch not long after this first batch.  I have not enough walnuts, so I top the rest of the brownies with whole almonds.  Since I made it on Father's Day, I specially use a heart-shaped cutter to make one for my hubby. 
 


I adapted this recipe from Jenn's Facebook post, with a slight adjustment to the amount of sugar used.

No comments:

Post a Comment