All about food

All about food

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Curried Rice with Raisins

Rice is my family's staple food, but once a while we will opt for 'no rice' meal.  This rice recipe caught my eyes while I was online, and with the addition of some of my favorite spices, I decided to try it out and yummy...


Ingredients: (serves 2)

1 cup basmati rice

2 cups water

2 tbsp. cooking oil

1/2 onion (peeled and finely chopped)

2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)

1 tbsp. curry powder

1/2 tsp. ground tumeric

1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 cup raisins

Salt and pepper (to taste)

Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)


Methods:

  1. Rinse the basmati rice under water until the water runs clear.  Add water and cook in the rice cooker.
  2. In a saucepan/skillet, heat the cooking oil over medium heat.  Add chopped onion and garlic, saute until softened and translucent.  Stir in curry powder, tumeric and cinnamon.  Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  3. Add the cooked rice to the pan, along with the raisins.  Stir well to combine.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  4. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped fresh cilantro (if using) and serve!

I add a fried egg over the rice and sliced cucumbers.

I adapted this recipe from 'PrintCooking' with slight adjustment to suit my cooking preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment