All about food

All about food

Monday, March 1, 2021

Homemade Gingerbread Syrup

This is one of the late post from last year Christmas.  I made this Gingerbread Syrup for purpose of making Gingerbread Latte to enjoy during the Christmas Season.  I put the leftover in airtight bottles and store them in the fridge.  For information, the recipe calls for molasses, but I replace it with Golden Syrup.  


Ingredients: (makes about 1/2 cup)

1/4 cup golden syrup

1/4 cup boiling water

1 tsp. ground ginger/ginger powder

1 tsp. ground cinnamon/cinnamon powder

1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg/nutmeg powder


Methods:

  1. Place the golden syrup and boiling water in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Bring to simmer.
  2. Stir in ground ginger, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.  Use a whisk to mix the syrup.
  3. Remove from heat and strain the syrup through a strainer.
  4. Let it cool down completely, and store in glass jar with a lid.
  5. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 months.

Note: 
This recipe also calls for 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.  I can't find any in the place where I am staying, provided if I made them using whole dried cloves, but I just omit it.

This recipe is adapted from 'Natalieshealth.com' with slight adjustment to suit my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment