All about food

All about food

Friday, March 12, 2021

Roast Potatoes

It has been a very long time since I last cooked my Signature Baked Chicken Wings.  As I am intending to have it without rice, I've decided to try out this Roast Potato recipe, which has been sitting in my 'to make list' for quite a while.  With half a bag of small baby potatoes leftover in my pantry, I decided to make it as a side dish, to accompany the chicken wings, along side with stir-fried buttered garlic french beans with corn kernels.


Roast Potatoes

Ingredients:

Small baby potatoes

1 tbsp. cooking oil

2 tbsp. salted butter

Dash of salt

4 garlic cloves (whole, peeled)

Dash of dried thyme


Methods:

  1. Wash and peel potatoes.  In a heated pot with water, boil until outside becomes soft, but inside still firm.  Drain potatoes in a colander, leave to dry for a few minutes.  Shake colander to rough up all edges of the potatoes.
  2. In a heated saucepan over low heat, add oil and butter and once butter has melted, add in the potatoes, season with salt, add whole garlic cloves and dried thyme.  Use a spoon to turn and coat the potatoes well.  Transfer the coated potatoes into a baking dish.
  3. Roast potatoes at 200 degree Celsius for 45 minutes, tossing around half way through the cook time.
  4. Serve immediately.


I adapted this recipe from 'Recipes from Carina' with a slight adjustment.

Note:  The recipe for my Signature Baked Chicken Wings can be obtain here

No comments:

Post a Comment