All about food

All about food

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Homemade Pizza Dough

I never could imagine that making Pizza Dough is not as difficult as it seems.  Recently, I do lots of research online, viewing videos and read through many recipes and tips of making homemade pizza dough.  With my son, Aaron coming back for holiday, it is this right timing that I get to try out my first homemade pizza dough.  With his love for pizza and much knowledge which he acquired online, our first Pizza came out of the oven beautifully....



I adapted this Pizza Dough recipe from Woman Scribbles, click on the link here to get the full recipe.

For infor, sorry for saying that, I am not able to share the recipe for the pizza sauce as we make use of the leftover pasta sauce, which Aaron cooked for us a few days ago.  For the fillings, we use ham and onion.

Notes/Tips:

  1. This pizza recipe makes two 9-inch pizza.
  2. You can use the remaining half of the ingredients to make another pizza right away or store the sauce and toppings in the fridge for up to two days.  
  3. For the balance half of the dough, if you are not making it right away, should be frozen until you are going to use it.  
  4. Place the dough into a Ziploc bag, squeeze out air, seal tight and place in the freezer.
  5. To use the dough, bring it out to room temperature and once it has soften, it is ready to use.  Base on my personal experience, it doesn't take long for it to soften.
  6. Another useful tip I get from this recipe is:  to make ahead, you can also assemble the pizza, then wrap the pan with aluminium foil (shining side out), and refrigerate it overnight.  To bake, remove the foil, and place it in a preheated oven... tada... Pizza is ready for breakfast!
  7. This Pizza Dough recipe is the recipe to use, whenever I want to make Pizza in the comfort of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment