All about food

All about food

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Simple BBQ Sauce

Once a while I will use BBQ Sauce for marinating different types of meat for grilling, cooking and even baking.  However it is not used in my everyday cooking.  Thus, I do experience that the sauce expired before I finished making use of it.  I feel that it is a waste, so I decided to search online on 'How to make simple BBQ Sauce.'  This recipe which I adapted from 'The Spruce Eats' is a good and simple recipe, which makes use of simple ingredients that are readily available in my pantry.  Thanks and cheers to this great recipe.  Here's to share with those who are interested.

Ingredients: (Yields 1 cup)

1/2 cup ketchup

2 tbsp. white vinegar

1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar (add up to 2 tbsp. if you prefers more sweeter)

1 tbsp. paprika

1/2 tbsp. corn oil

1/2 tbsp. chili powder (put less if you prefers less heat)

1 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. cayenne powder (put less if you prefers less heat)


Methods:

  1. Gather all the ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Heat up a small saucepan on medium-low heat.
  3. Add all the ingredients and stir to mix.  Allow the mixture to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
  4. Remove from heat and pour sauce into a small glass bottle. Allow to cool completely before using.
  5. Store leftover sauce, covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment