All about food

All about food

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Kimchi Porridge

Kimchi Porridge has never cross my mind before.  It all happened one morning, when a friend posted in Facebook, her breakfast of Kimchi Porridge.  Out of curiosity, I asked her whether it's nice? Her answer was 'you should try it!'  Without much ado, I try it out for my lunch, and my, oh, my...it is so delicious!!  I wish I can continue eating, but have to stop myself, as the portion is already BIG!


Let me  share this recipe briefly, since it's just a simple meal.

Ingredients: (serves 1)

3/4 cup rice (I use the rice cup)

1/3 cup kimchi (my homemade recipe can be viewed here)

Slices of pork belly (you can use any types of meat) 

1 tsp. light soy sauce

1 1/2 tsp. cornflour

Dash of chicken stock granules (to taste)


Methods:

  1. In a small bowl, marinate pork belly slices with light soy sauce. Let it marinate in the fridge.  Just before cooking, add cornflour into the meat, mix it and set aside.
  2. In a pot, add rice, rinse, add enough water for cooking porridge, and boil using medium heat.  Stir often to prevent the rice from sticking onto the bottom of the pot. Next, I add in the pork belly, pieces by pieces so it won't lump together.  Once it comes to a boil continue to stir; and cook a while more, until the rice grains are soft but not mushy. Add in the kimchi together with the juice; stir to combine and let it comes to a boil.  Taste for correct seasoning, and  add chicken stock granules.  Give it a stir to combine.
  3. Once it comes to a rolling boil, switch off heat, cover with the lid and let the porridge and all the other ingredients continue to cook in the pot for another 5 minutes.
  4. Ready to serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment