All about food

All about food

Monday, September 5, 2022

Healthy Chili Tuna Pasta Salad

I am preparing a healthy side dish to go with my Baked Chicken Drumsticks, from my earlier post.  This side dish is served with loads of butter head lettuce and baby tomatoes.


Ingredients:

1 bowl dry pasta

1 can chili tuna (oil)

1/4 cup green peas

1/4 cup corn kernels

Dash of salt and pepper (to taste)

Butter head lettuce

Baby tomatoes


Methods:

  1.  Bring a pot of water to the boil and add some salt and dash of cooking oil.  Add dry pasta and cook according to packet instructions.  Drain and place onto a large bowl.  I add some cooking oil, so the pasta won't stick together.  
  2. Place the tuna into a bowl and break it up using a fork.
  3. Add tuna, green peas, corn kernels into the pasta.  Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Mix thoroughly and serve onto a large plate with butter head lettuce and baby tomatoes.
  5. You can garnish with some nuts, if desired.  I did not.
This simple salad recipe is adapted from 'thedevilwearssalad.com' with adjustments to suit my cooking preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment