All about food

All about food

Friday, June 23, 2023

Christmas Hot Chocolate

Another Christmas late post to share.  I have always been wanting to make my own Hot Chocolate to slowly sip and enjoy, especially during the Christmas Season, but the sweetness shy me off!  Last year, I remember checking through quite a number of online recipes; and finally, I made this  Christmas Hot Chocolate.  It's so rich and creamy ~ sluuurrrp! ~


Ingredients:

2 cups whole milk

1 cup whipping cream

3 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk

5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chips or finely chopped) 

A pinch of salt


Methods:

  1. Add all the ingredients to a saucepan/pot over medium-low heat.  Bring the mixture to a very light simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.  It will lightly thickens as it simmers.
  2. Pour into serving glasses.
  3. Top with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and sugar beads.  
  4. Enjoy!
Without Topping


This hot chocolate is so delicious, but it is still sweet, even after reducing the condensed milk and lessen my topping.

This recipe is adapted from 'Plays Well with Butter' with slight adjustment to suit my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment