All about food

All about food

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Tricolor Quinoa Salad with Cajun Chicken Breast


This Tricolor Quinoa Salad is a late post.  I pan fry the Cajun chicken breast for purpose of making Cajun Chicken and Corn Pizza. Since I have the intention of making quinoa salad for my lunch the next day, so I prepare an extra piece of chicken breast and place it in a container in the fridge after it has cooled down.  

The recipe for the Cajun Chicken Breast can be obtain here.  

For this simple Salad dish, I make use of only 4 simple ingredients: Tricolor Quinoa, corn, chicken breast and green corals; and drizzled with my favorite Light Salad Dressing.

Steps on how to cook the Tricolor Quinoa, click here 


Ingredients for Light Salad Dressing:

1/2 cup corn oil/olive oil

3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar

2 garlic cloves (peeled and grated)

2 tsp. Dijon mustard

2 tsp. maple syrup

Sea Salt (to taste)

Ground pepper (to taste)


Methods:

  1. In a mason jar, add all the ingredients.
  2. Cover with lid and shake well until dressing is well combined.
  3. Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and serve!  
  4. Leave the leftover salad dressing in the jar, place the lid on and leave in the fridge.
I adapted this Salad Dressing recipe from 'the devil wears salad.'

No comments:

Post a Comment