All about food

All about food

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Braided Matcha Streusel Milk Bread

Another Matcha Bread which caught my attention!  The original recipe uses red bean paste as the filling, but I am using Matcha Streusel instead, being a huge fan of Matcha ~ SMILE ~


In October 2023, I baked this Yummy Matcha Streusel Bread, and love the delicious filling.  So, for this Braided Matcha Milk Bread, I decided to use the same filling, but with a smaller portion as listed below:

70 g. unsalted butter

27 g. caster sugar

20 g. whole egg

34 g. cake flour

47 g. milk powder

4 g. Matcha powder

Click this link here for the instructions to make the Matcha streusel filling.  For the Milk Bread recipe, click the link here for the full recipe.

Let me share some photos captured throughout the process of baking this delicious Braided Matcha Streusel Milk Bread.

Just a small dough ball from the start

The bread dough with the Matcha Streusel filling

Braided and after second proofing

Topped with white sesame seeds and ready for baking

Time to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment