All about food

All about food

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Steamed Dumplings

While I was in a popular Supermarket in KL, I came across this Dumpling Wrappers which is suitable for making Steamed Dumplings.  Since this wrappers are not available in the place where I am from, so I grab hold of two packets, and here goes my homemade Steamed Dumplings.  

Ingredients:

200 g. minced pork

8 medium-sized prawns (peeled, deveined and cut into small pieces)

1 tsp. grated ginger

1 tsp. light soy sauce

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. Shaoxing wine

1/2 tsp. sesame oil

3 dashes ground white pepper

1 stalk spring onion (chopped)

1 pack dumpling wrappers


Methods:

  1. For the filling, in a large bowl, combine minced pork, prawns, ginger, light soy sauce, salt, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, ground white pepper and spring onion together.  Mix well and set aside.
  2. To assemble the dumplings, put a small spoonful of the filling in the center of a wrapper.  Moisten the edge of the wrapper with water using your finger, then fold and pleat the dumpling.  Repeat this process for the remaining wrappers.
  3. To steam the dumplings, arrange the dumplings in a steamer lined with parchment paper (punched with holes) at the bottom and steam for 8-10 minutes.
  4. Remove the dumplings onto a serving dish and serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Ready for steaming

I serve my Dumplings with this Ultimate Dipping Sauce.


1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 minced garlic clove
A pinch of grated ginger
Some fresh chopped spring onions

In a medium bowl, mix all the above ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.  Ready to serve!

This delicious Steamed Dumplings recipe is adapted from 'Rasa Malaysia' with a slight adjustment to suit my cooking preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment